Thursday, October 31, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

My unit plan was on clay animation. It is a form of film making in which the characters are made of clay. To create movement, you have to move the figure ever so slightly, and take a picture each time you move it. Running through those pictures creates the video. This is an incredibly tedious process. For middle school students, this will be an opportunity to teach them patience. The students would be teaming up to create their own clay animations. The reflection question helps them start thinking about their assignment. The students are to create a short stop motion video about someone conquering their greatest fear.

Due to the topic of my unit, I felt that visual examples were the most important thing to show students. I found other videos on You Tube that looked inspirational. From there, I added on the pictures of different stages of clay animation and the materials used. The other information just followed naturally, helping the visuals support the unit. The last thing I added was the description. The description of the unit connected everything on the canvas.

PLAYground has so much potential, but some things were irritating during the process. Ridiculous as this sounds, I never found the option to delete a widget. I wanted to change my document widget (with the standards) into a text widget. The program would not let me delete it no matter what I clicked! I also can not stand how you can not see the complete video without making it full screen. I know how to embed a video and make it larger on YouTube, but that larger video would NOT attach to my canvas. There is a good chance the main problem was because I was using a PC. When I worked on the mac during the orientation session, the program worked flawlessly. Once I worked on my PC everything went spastic. If I could get PLAYground to work right, I would use it again.


Link to my canvas:
http://www.play.annenberginnovationlab.org/play2.0/challenge.php?idChallenge=2287&mode=view#network6

No comments:

Post a Comment